The end is nigh.
Well, it’s more like a turning point.
The time has come to say goodbye to the College Info Geek Podcast and hello to The Inforium.
To mark this momentous occasion, we’ve decided to spend some time reflecting on what we’ve learned from 300 episodes of podcasting.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. You can also get started with 2 free weeks of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new Habit-Building class!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- The Path to College, Pt. 1: Getting Accepted (Ep. 109)
- Productivity Lessons from Video Game Design (Ep. 265)
- 10 Things We’d Tell Our 18-Year-Old Selves (Ep. 213)
- 10 Essential Life Skills That Every Student Should Have (Ep. 175)
- How to Budget Your Money Without Cutting Coffee (Ep. 174)
- A Crash Course on How to Start Investing (Even If You’re in Debt) (Ep. 168)
- How to Buy Your First House, Pt. 1: The Research Process (Ep. 205)
- The Newbie’s Guide To Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency Market
- The Hedonic Treadmill (Ep. 226)
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor E. Frankl
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Daniel Scott’s Adobe Illustrator course on Skillshare
- Weapons of Influence #1: Reciprocation (Ep. 186)
- Thinking Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman
- Learning to Learn with Thomas Frank and Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Wendover Productions on YouTube
- MKBHD on YouTube
- Earning Passive Income The Smart Way With Pat Flynn (Ep. 7)
- The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin
- Hustling, Connecting, and Winning with Gary Vaynerchuk (Ep. 8)
- Jab Jab Right Hook, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- A Conversation with U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan (Ep. 75)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:11:31 – What are we looking forward to in the next podcast
- 0:22:57 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:27:24 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:30:35 – Diversifying our writers
- 0:38:50 – How we can change up our format
- 0:41:43 – Interviewing guests on a podcast
- 0:50:31 – What do we dislike about podcasting
- 1:01:09 – What did we learn through podcasting
- 1:08:52 – What are we gonna miss about this podcast
- 1:11:35 – Our favorite podcast moments
- 1:18:41 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: