In today’s world, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Unfortunately for you, we’re about to go over ten skills we think you should learn. Yeah. Sorry about that.
But in all seriousness, these skills build a fantastic foundation to help you become a fully-functioning human and will make it easier to do almost anything else you might wish to do later.
Specifically, we’re talking about:
- Starting a conversation
- Taking criticism/failure in stride
- Learning how to learn
- Talking about yourself
- Being a good significant other
Just like financial investments, you’ll want to get started on these skills sooner, rather than later, so you can get your hands on some of that sweet, sweet compound interest.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Listen Money Matters
- How to Budget Your Money Without Cutting Coffee (Ep. 174)
- OkDork (Noah Kagan’s website)
- 8 Habits of Highly Successful Students
- Use The Corson Technique When Asking Professors For Help
- The Ultimate Networking Guide for Introverts
- Collegetopia – How to Approach Anyone with the 3 Second Rule
- The Art of Manliness
- How to Learn Any Skill in Under 20 Hours
- Google Calendar (iOS) (Android)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:01:39 – Starting and keeping a conversation going
- 0:09:26 – Bringing friends into conversations and events
- 0:13:08 – Showing some interest on the new people you wanna talk with
- 0:15:06 – Getting better at problem solving
- 0:20:13 – Learning from your mistakes
- 0:24:55 – Differentiating and dealing with constructive and poor criticism
- 0:27:06 – Being able to respect and listen to what others have to say
- 0:29:03 – Paying attention to body language and avoiding distractions
- 0:35:36 – Learning how to cook and creating a good cooking environment
- 0:43:31 – Acquiring DIY (Do It Yourself) skills
- 0:51:26 – Learning new skills by practicing consistently and taking on challenges
- 0:57:15 – The 4 steps of “The First 20 Hours”
- 1:00:40 – Promoting yourself and your interests the right way
- 1:13:18 – Thinking progressively about your future
- 1:18:08 – Being a better romantic partner
- 1:28:04 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: