Money’s important, right? Hah, oh right – it’s that thing you’re going to college to make more of.
Except you have to dump all the money you do have plus that amount times a thousand over the next X years to pay for it.
Anyway, I think you should know things about money. Like how to make more of it. And how to deal with things that typically suck lots of it away from people like a giant nuclear-powered vacuum on the back of a Gundam. Things like:
- Student Loans
- Credit Cards
- Super Expensive Booze
Why? Well, it’s not that money will make you happy per se, but:
“It’s definitely more comfy to cry in your Lamborghini than crying on your bicycle.” – dude on Reddit
It turns out that money is important. And, unfortunately, the average student is graduating with $30,000 in student loan debt. Couple that with a lack of personal finance knowledge, and you’ve got a recipe for disaster.
This category page will guide you to all the best posts about money on College Info Geek. In addition to reading these articles, I highly recommend checking out the podcast I co-host with my friend Andrew at Listen Money Matters.
Dealing with Student Loans
- The True, No-B.S. Cost of Student Loans (High Schoolers: Read This)
- How I Paid Off $14,431 in Student Loans in 6 Months – BEFORE Graduating
- FAFSA: Do I File as Dependent or Independent?
- Can You Pay Off Your Student Loans with Credit Cards and Go Bankrupt?
- 3 Ways to Counteract Increasing Student Loan Interest Rates
Stretching Your Dollars
- The Ultimate Guide to Budgeting in College
- 39 Ways You Can Cut the Cost of College
- The Comprehensive Guide to Finding the Cheapest Textbooks
- How to Enjoy Bars on a College Budget: 6 Tips That Will Save Your Money
- Yes, You CAN Afford Healthy Food in College
Managing Your Money
- Jimmy Wales Give One Huge, Important Piece of Advice to Us Kids
- Protect Your Savings with a Spending Firewall
- Solve Roommate Debt Drama with Google Docs
- How to Win Scholarships with Shanice Miller of Debt-Free College Grad (Ep. 34)
- Being Frugal in College with Kristin Wong, Personal Finance Writer (Ep. 27)
- Mastering Your Money with Matt and Andrew from Listen Money Matters (Ep. 21)
- Earning Passive Income the Smart Way with Pat Flynn (Ep. 7)
- Why Your Education Costs $88,000 Instead of $1.50 (Ep. 5)