We’ve talked a lot about what we did in college. Doing mildly constructive things in university was pretty much the basis for this whole business, after all.
But what about the things we didn’t do?
Well, as it turns out, we did miss out on a few things. Things that may have been useful for us back then, but that may also be useful to you right now.
If none of our college regrets apply to you and you’re still in college, try imagining what you might regret not having done in the future. Pregrets, if you will.
Or, if you’re already past that and have your own regrets, consider whether acting on those thoughts now might still prevent some regrets for future you.
I did that exact thing recently when I started a new video game that would have taken 80+ hours and realized that I actually wasn’t all that invested. I knew I’d come to regret not giving that 80 hours to the things I think are more important. Now, my Switch has been taken back out of the living room until a game I’m excited to give my time to comes out.
Of course, it’s also reasonable to accept the past for what it is and not dwell too much on regretting things. But we can still put a little thought into making the most of things going forward, right?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: with over 25,000 courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 free weeks of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ Productivity Masterclass!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- 8 Things I Regret NOT Doing in College (Ep. 73)
- How to Get More Done and Waste Less Time
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Mike Vardy’s Productivity Habits That Stick course on Skillshare
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:03:14 – Not taking music classes
- 0:10:03 – Not studying abroad
- 0:18:56 – Not starting to invest sooner
- 0:28:08 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:30:20 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills
- 0:32:30 – Not socializing more often
- 0:34:45 – Never signing up for a VR session
- 0:39:42 – Not checking up on your doctor and getting proper treatment
- 0:49:43 – Not asking for help more often and shying away from hard classes
- 0:56:01 – Not living in the college dorms
- 1:00:11 – Not joining the adventure clubs
- 1:02:20 – Not going to the gym more often
- 1:03:54 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: