“I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man.” These wise words, uttered by the great Shawn Carter, are something all entrepreneurs can aspire to. But how does one actually go about becoming a business, man?
In this episode, we’re going to be answering these questions to find out:
- How can I prepare for starting my own business over the next few years?
- What advice would you give your 19-year-old self about college and careers?
- What do you believe is the key to a successful business plan and a happy life?
- How can I learn business if I’m not taking a degree in it?
- What is your secret to learning computer programming languages?
And, as always, you can get your own questions answered on the show by asking them in the College Info Geek Community, or by tweeting me.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business, by Josh Kaufman
- Side Hustle Nation
- 207: How to Use Video and YouTube to Grow Your Business, with Thomas Frank
- What It Takes to Open a Coffee Shop (Ep. 114)
- Tom’s original interview with Leo Widrich
- From College To Successful Startup With Leo Widrich from Buffer (Ep. 2)
- Startup Weekend
- Listen Money Matters
- Jedi Councils – No Star Wars Spoilers, I Promise (Ep. 89)
- The Happiness Equation, by Neil Pasricha
- The Happiness Equation (Ep. 117)
- The Equal-Odds Rule: Massive Effort, Occasional Success
- How to Learn to Code (Ep. 106)
- How to Learn a New Skill Quickly: A 4-Step Process
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: