“I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man.” These wise words, uttered by the great Shawn Carter, are something all entrepreneurs can aspire to. But how does one actually go about becoming a business, man?
In this episode, we’re going to be answering these questions to find out:
- How can I prepare for starting my own business over the next few years?
- What advice would you give your 19-year-old self about college and careers?
- What do you believe is the key to a successful business plan and a happy life?
- How can I learn business if I’m not taking a degree in it?
- What is your secret to learning computer programming languages?
Things mentioned in this episode:
- The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business, by Josh Kaufman
- Side Hustle Nation
- 207: How to Use Video and YouTube to Grow Your Business, with Thomas Frank
- What It Takes to Open a Coffee Shop (Ep. 114)
- Tom’s original interview with Leo Widrich
- From College To Successful Startup With Leo Widrich from Buffer (Ep. 2)
- Startup Weekend
- Listen Money Matters
- Jedi Councils – No Star Wars Spoilers, I Promise (Ep. 89)
- The Happiness Equation, by Neil Pasricha
- The Happiness Equation (Ep. 117)
- The Equal-Odds Rule: Massive Effort, Occasional Success
- How to Learn to Code (Ep. 106)
- How to Learn a New Skill Quickly: A 4-Step Process
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: