Oh hey there. It looks like you had some questions for us — five of them, in fact.
Because we’d hate to leave you with so many unanswered mysteries, we’ll be dedicating this week’s episode to these fine topics:
- How can I use social media without sacrificing my peace, focus, and free time?
- How can I take care of a pet if I’m always busy?
- How can I explain to a potential employer why my resume is so lacking?
- Which are better: eBooks, audio books, or paper books?
- How can you try out a language before committing so you know you’re picking the right one?
As always, if you’ve got questions you’d like us to answer, feel free to reach out via pretty much anything you can think of. Bonus points if you use the CIG Reddit community or either of our social media accounts, listed below.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare — with over 20,000 courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 weeks of unlimited learning for just 99¢ at Skillshare.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned:
- The College Info Geek Podcast on Facebook
- Tom on Instagram
- Tom on Twitter
- Martin on Instagram
- Martin on Twitter
- The College Info Geek Community on Reddit
- How to Get Into Tea (Ep. 207)
- The Happiness Advantage, by Shawn Achor
- Buffer (iOS | Android)
- Cold Turkey Blocker
- The Kennel Club
- Dogtime’s Dog Matchup
- Purina’s Dog Breed Selector
- Music Theory 101, by Marc Schonbrun and Brian Boone
- Young Guru’s profile and courses on Skillshare
- How to Write a Great Resume and Cover Letter (Ep. 209)
- Weapons of Influence #1: Reciprocation (Ep. 186)
- Duolingo (iOS | Android)
- iTalki (iOS | Android)
- Tom’s music channel on YouTube
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:10:12 – Using social media while also not wasting time on it
- 0:23:39 – How to take care of a pet if you’re always busy
- 0:31:25 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:33:28 – Applying to internships without much job experience
- 0:39:56 – Audio books, e-books or paper books?
- 0:46:41 – Learning a language by “dating” it for a while
- 0:55:16 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: