Do you know what the most popular drink on planet Earth is?
Well, it’s water. Maybe you knew that.
But do you know the second most popular drink on planet Earth?
It’s not coffee. It’s not beer or wine.
It’s tea. That delightful leaf water that isn’t quite as popular in the United States as that bubbly sugar water is the crowd favorite. Like soccer, it has much of the world in agreement except for us.
It’s not popular for nothing, either — it has various health benefits, zero calories, a much smaller amount of caffeine than coffee, and is also the perfect drink to promote a sense of calm comfort.
It’s also varied enough the world over for you to become a connoisseur, without the potential side effects that come with drinking enough wine to become one.
Unfortunately, since many of us are used to the exaggerated jolt of coffee or the tooth-destroying delight of soda, the subtle joys of leaf water may come across as boring.
If that sounds like you, maybe today’s the day to try something new.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Library of Babel
- A History of the World in 6 Glasses, by Tom Standage
- Chef’s Table on Netflix
- How to ACTUALLY Break Your Bad Habits
- The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg
- Ku Cha House of Tea
- Bonavita Gooseneck Kettle
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:03:14 – What qualifies as tea and why get into it
- 0:26:40 – Differences between types of tea
- 0:35:26 – Loose leaf vs bagged tea and how to brew them
- 0:46:41 – Our favorite teas and tea-like drinks
- 0:53:36 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: