Promoting yourself involves walking a very fine line. Go too far to one side, and no-one will ever know what you care about, what you’re good at, or what you’ve accomplished. Go too far to the other, and you’re a terrible braggart who will soon understand why people say it’s lonely at the top.
How do you strike such a delicate balance between the two?
In this episode, we’ll be talking about the art of tastefully promoting yourself, along with:
- How to handle feeling competitive with or shunned by friends when trying to better yourself
- How to become a better speaker
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Mark Manson’s book
- Charisma on Command video
- 5 Questions: Unambitious Friends, Money Saving Strategies, & the Pomodoro Technique (Ep. 122)
- Real Men Real Style
- I Am Alpha M
- The College Info Geek Community on Reddit
- I Want to Fly With Hippos
- Episode where we talk about love letter sites
- Business Professionals of America
- Thomas Frank – Fascination: The Thing That Gets Audiences Hooked And Witches Burned – Ignite Ames
- Thomas Frank – My Trip To Japan – Ignite Ames 2013
- Listen Money Matters
- 9 Tips for Becoming a Great Public Speaker
- How to Be More Confident: 5 Strategies that Worked for Me
- Tom’s video from speech class – In Defense of Remote Work
- Tom speaking professionally – Luther College Keynote Speech
- How to Start Your Own Podcast (Ep. 133)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: