Sometimes it can feel like we wished for technology on a monkey’s paw.
We have untold connectivity and conveniences, but we’ve traded a lot of focus and connection to the present. The simple pleasures and feedbacks of writing on paper, for example, are lost if you want the benefits of near-unlimited storage and searchability. Or are they?
In this episode, we’ll talk about our attempts at harnessing the benefits of both the paper and digital worlds, along with:
- The importance of grades vs. extracurriculars
- How to choose a career
Also, having just hit 151 episodes, I’d like to take a moment here to thank that monkey’s paw and its technology for the first generation of Pokémon. Everyone go play Sun and Moon.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Joe Rogan Podcast
- The College Info Geek Podcast on YouTube
- How to Learn to Code (Ep. 106)
- Grades vs. a “Well-Rounded Education” (Ep. 84)
- Study Advice From A Medical Student (Ep. 26)
- Moleskine notebooks
- Cold Turkey Writer
- Why “Follow Your Passion” Is Bad Advice With Cal Newport (Ep. 35)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: