How many of these situations sound familiar to you?
- Preparing for tests and quizzes cuts into your social life because you have to spend hours studying
- You usually let your homework sit until the night before it’s due, then rush it while Googling frantically for answers
- Ideas come to you all the time, but you can never act on any of them because you don’t have time – and you have so many that you can’t focus either
Most people suck at productivity. If they didn’t, there wouldn’t be hundreds of books and thousands of articles on how to be productive. There wouldn’t be collections of GIFs on Buzzfeed making fun of how little we get done. And I wouldn’t feel compelled to write my own book on the subject.
Honestly, I sometimes feel that I suck at productivity as well. My email inbox is never as empty as I’d like, and both my mind and Evernote account are swimming with ideas and plans I’ve never executed. Maybe you feel the same – always thinking your accomplishments are overshadowed by what you’ve failed to get done.
Well, cheer up a bit. Since you’re here, I know you and I both have one big advantage over everyone else in the productivity department. We’re both asking:
“How can I do this better?”
This is a question I apply to everything I do, and asking it has led to some pretty awesome things.
That’s why learning and working better is one of the main focuses of this site. We seek to:
- Learn more, faster: because knowing more and aligning your mind more closely with reality better equips you to navigate it
- Become better at working: because doing more in less time enables you to use the resulting free time to pursue your goals
I aim to equip you with techniques, tools, and inspiration that will help you improve in these areas, and thus achieve more of your goals.
This hub page will point you to some of the best articles on College Info Geek for learning and working better; more will be added as they’re written!
You might also want to check out my free book, 10 Steps to Earning Awesome Grades (While Studying Less).
My Videos on Studying
Learning Techniques and Resources
- How to Learn More Outside of Class Than You Ever Could Inside It
- The Mutant Guide to Studying for Finals
- 6 Classes I Would Force Every College Student to Take
- Essential Books for Students
- 21 Educational Podcasts That’ll Make You Smarter
Supercharging Your Productivity
- 30 Lightning-Fast Productivity Hacks to Help You Work Better
- Building Concrete Productive Habits Through Conditional “If-Then” Logic
- How to Actually Stop Wasting Time on the Internet
- Dragonfly-Level Efficiency: Quick Capture Techniques To Instantly Store Ideas
- How to Organize Your Files in College the Right Way
- 14 Legit Study Spots to Help You Reach Your Zen State
Tools That Make Your Life Easier
- 6 Ways You Can Use Evernote to Dominate Your Classes
- Here are 22 Startups that are Massively Useful for Students
- Turbo-Charge Your Reading Speed with Spreeder
- 16 Chrome Extensions Every Student Should Use
- 22 Essential iPad Apps for College Students
Lessons Learned Through Experience
- 27 College Tips I Learned Sophomore Year
- 42 College Tips I Learned Freshman Year
- Progression Does Not End at Graduation