What did you do this morning?
In the productivity world, this question sounds a lot more compelling than usual due to the allure of the morning routine — the perfect formula to start a successful day.
Well, I can’t promise you a perfect formula. But I will say that having a morning routine has helped me become more focused, more disciplined, and happier.
If you can exert some control over the first parts of your day, you prove to yourself you have the power to do what you want later on.
If you start your day by distracting yourself on Instagram and showing up late to class with no breakfast, you give yourself evidence that you just aren’t a self-disciplined type of person.
Let’s start things off on the right foot, shall we?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Audible: Get a free audiobook download and a free 30-day trial by going to audible.com/CIG or texting “CIG” to 500-500 on your phone.
Other things we mentioned:
- Tom’s Sunday Study Playlist on Spotify
- Tom’s Ultimate Study Playlist on Spotify
- Tom’s Ultimate Study Playlist on YouTube
- How to Get Into Tea (Ep. 207)
- Morning Routines (Ep. 81)
- Habitica (iOS | Android)
- Duolingo (iOS | Android)
- NerdFitness’ PLP Challenge article
- Linus Tech Tips on YouTube
- Taran Van Hemert’s Advanced Video Editing Tutorial
- Essentialism, by Greg McKeown
- Music Theory 101, by Marc Schonbrun and Brian Boone
- Tide (iOS | Android)
- Autochords (iOS)
- Momentum (iOS)
- HabitBull (iOS | Android)
- How To Actually Stop Wasting Time On The Internet
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:05:58 – What we’re doing in the morning
- 0:13:39 – How we work out and tips on exercising
- 0:25:33 – Sponsor: Audible (Listening to audiobooks)
- 0:28:18 – Other elements of our morning routines
- 0:40:57 – Tips on starting a morning routine
- 0:52:57 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: