Classes may seem like they go on forever when you’re drifting off in your lecture class, going over summer plans for the 18th time, but it turns out four years really isn’t that long in the grand scheme of things.
With that in mind, we decided to talk about some of the ways people choose to spend one of the most memorable periods of their lives.
Looking back at my own experience, there are quite a few things I know I didn’t take advantage of — so while I work on making up for that in my post-college life, throw this week’s episode up on the big screen, pour yourself a nice champagne flute of triple-strength Kool-Aid™, and get inspired to go make the most of your time in school.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek – and if you’re among the first 83 people to sign up, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- How to Automate Your Life (Ep. 194)
- Elgato Stream Deck
- Actualized.org YouTube channel
- How the Heck Do I Study Abroad? (Ep. 101)
- Study Advice From A Medical Student (Ep. 26)
- What It Takes to Get Into Medical School (Ep. 94)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:09:10 – Choosing majors and doing extra activities
- 0:16:52 – Joining clubs and managing your free time
- 0:23:52 – Committees and not putting everything in your resume
- 0:26:59 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:29:13 – On-campus events, the Career Fair and dressing up
- 0:35:23 – Working part-time jobs
- 0:40:41 – Studying abroad
- 0:41:42 – Doing volunteer work
- 0:44:06 – Entrepreneurship and freelance projects
- 0:45:20 – The honors program
- 0:49:58 – Joining honor societies
- 0:51:53 – Fraternities and sororities
- 0:55:48 – Searching for scholarships
- 0:57:21 – Independent learning projects
- 0:59:52 – Romantic relationships
- 1:02:27 – Making time for doing fun things
- 1:06:28 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: