When it comes to removing regular tasks and processes from your life, you have four choices: Do, Delegate, Delete, or Automate.
Today, we’re focusing on that last one. In this discussion, Martin and I talk about things we’ve automated in our own lives and share practical tips for identifying automation topics in your own life.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- MissionU – a modern, career-focused approach to higher education. Learn more about MissionU and earn $500 upon completion of its one-year program by visiting MissionU.com/CIG.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Does Drinking Coffee Dehydrate You?
- TP-Link Smart Plug
- Philips Hue White Smart Bulb Starter Kit
- Etekcity Wireless Remote Light Switch
- Evernote (iOS | Android)
- Mise en place
- Asana (iOS | Android)
- Todoist (iOS | Android)
- Sikuli Script
- Lazy Innovation Chronicles: How I Got Paid to Watch Netflix
- xkcd – Is It Worth the Time?
- Clipboard Help + Spell
- Cooked documentary on Netflix
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:52 – Thoughts on tea and staying hydrated
- 0:09:22 – General view of automation
- 0:17:47 – Automating the studio setup
- 0:27:06 – Martin’s automations for the website
- 0:29:42 – Sponsor: MissionU (Different approach to higher education)
- 0:34:50 – Martin’s automations for the website (continued)
- 0:40:41 – How Tom automates his video making process
- 0:47:27 – Tom’s favorite automation story from his internship
- 0:54:06 – Tips for tasks you might want to automate
- 1:04:09 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: