It’s almost March now, so you know what that means: it’s time to start your post-New Year’s-resolutions resolutions.
Well, not you, dear listener. I’m sure you’re doing just fine — but your friends probably need some help getting back on the wagon, right?
It’s the end of an era. Today marks the sixth and final chapter in our series on Robert Cialdini’s “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion.”
And now that you know that, you should value this episode ever so slightly more due to the effect of scarcity — the same effect that pushes us toward limited edition Oreo flavors and convinces people gold is worth something.
Classes may seem like they go on forever when you’re drifting off in your lecture class, going over summer plans for the 18th time, but it turns out four years really isn’t that long in the grand scheme of things.
With that in mind, we decided to talk about some of the ways people choose to spend one of the most memorable periods of their lives.
I thought about wearing a suit for today’s episode, but decided against it. Why? Authority, or the illusion of authority, is a powerful thing,
We’re back again with five more questions, and we’ve come to give you five more answers.
Do you like me?
If not, than congratulations! If I’m ever trying to sell you a used car for some reason, you will be more resistant to my persuasive trickery.
However, if the opposite were true, we’d be much more likely to strike a deal — even if you ended up getting the short end of the stick.
When it comes to removing regular tasks and processes from your life, you have four choices: Do, Delegate, Delete, or Automate.
Today, we’re focusing on that last one. In this discussion, Martin and I talk about things we’ve automated in our own lives and share practical tips for identifying automation topics in your own life.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- MissionU – a modern, career-focused approach to higher education. Learn more about MissionU and earn $500 upon completion of its one-year program by visiting MissionU.com/CIG.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:52 – Thoughts on tea and staying hydrated
- 0:09:22 – General view of automation
- 0:17:47 – Automating the studio setup
- 0:27:06 – Martin’s automations for the website
- 0:29:42 – Sponsor: MissionU (Different approach to higher education)
- 0:34:50 – Martin’s automations for the website (continued)
- 0:40:41 – How Tom automates his video making process
- 0:47:27 – Tom’s favorite automation story from his internship
- 0:54:06 – Tips for tasks you might want to automate
- 1:04:09 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media:
The time has come to jump back into Robert Cialdini’s Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. This time, we’re talking about the wisdom of the crowd.