When inspiration is lacking, travel is almost always a great way to jumpstart your brain back into overdrive.
Unfortunately, it can also be a bit overwhelming. It can be expensive, overwhelming, and difficult to plan around the rest of your obligations.
But with as many benefits as travel can bring, it’s worth taking a look at how one can make things a bit easier to manage.
One of the most memorable experiences of the last couple years for me actually took place staying at an Airbnb in another neighborhood in Denver. Hardly a grand vacation, but still fantastically refreshing and inspiring.
On the other hand, the few road-trips I’ve taken and the one trip I’ve now flown for were worth every bit of time and money I gave to them.
Either way, if you’re looking for a way to break up your routines and see things differently, here are a few ways we’ve found to make traveling a bit more manageable.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: with over 25,000 courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 free months of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ Productivity Masterclass!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 83 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- h3h3’s Logan Paul Colorblind video
- Travis Sherry of Extra Pack of Peanuts (Ep. 13)
- How to Capture Inspiration When It Strikes (Ep. 259)
- Can We Do Anything About Burnout? (Ep. 247)
- Aaron Draplin’s Design Workflow course on Skillshare
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:04:29 – Making travel more fun and not planning it too much
- 0:23:21 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:25:10 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:27:17 – Learning the language and traveling to a different part of your city
- 0:34:59 – Making the trip more affordable
- 0:48:51 – Planning your trip more efficiently
- 0:58:13 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: