Dear listeners, we have a bit of a different episode in store for you today.
We’re going to be talking about note-taking apps: the ones we’ve tried, the strengths and weaknesses each have, and what exactly we want them to do in the first place.
The difference is that we weren’t particularly sure what the conclusion of this episode would be before we recorded it. We’re just having a conversation, and you get to be a fly on the wall.
Hopefully this new episode format works out for you! If you’ve got a moment, let us know what you thought via Twitter (Thomas | Martin) or Instagram (Thomas | Martin), so we can decide how often we’ll do episodes like this in the future, or what other types of episodes we might try out.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 83 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- College Info Geek Discord
- The 10 Best Note-Taking Apps in 2019
- Michael Hyatt’s Evernote Organization Method article
- Evernote (iOS | Android)
- OneNote (iOS | Android)
- Standard Notes (iOS | Android)
- Google Keep (iOS | Android)
- Bear (Mac | iOS)
- Ulysses (Mac)
- Apple Notes (iOS)
- Notion (iOS | Android)
- Slite (iOS | Android)
- Agenda (Mac | iOS)
- Byword (Mac | iOS)
- Scrivener (iOS)
- The Money Lab Podcast
- What Quitting Video Games for a Month Did to My Brain (Ep. 249)
- Can We Do Anything About Burnout? (Ep. 247)
- Buying vs. Renting a Home: What’s the Smartest Choice? (Ep. 248)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:06:56 – Evernote
- 0:14:14 – Typora
- 0:17:38 – OneNote
- 0:18:58 – Standard Notes
- 0:22:21 – Google Keep
- 0:26:57 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:28:43 – How Martin takes notes
- 0:36:20 – Bear, Scrivener and Ulysses
- 0:45:09 – Notion and Slite
- 0:54:30 – Ideas and suggestions for a note-taking app
- 1:07:12 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: