The time has come for yet another 5 questions episode, so here we go.
This week, we’ll be going over these:
- Somedays, I’ll wake up at 5am, go to the gym, and then generally have more than enough time for everything in my day and still have free time at the end. But on other days, I’ll oversleep until 9-10am and everything is thrown off. How can I be more consistent with my good days?
- In the past, why have you made changes to your morning routine? When do you know to break an effective habit?
- How can I block out negative energies and comments from other people and keep them from demotivating me?
- Do high-performing people have quarter-life crises? If so, how do you deal with it?
- Many jobs almost force you to become the product you’re selling and require strong personal branding, but I’m not sure I want my personal life related to my job. Should I build a brand around my real name and past or come up with some sort of a persona or pseudonym?
As always, if you have any questions you’d like us to answer on the podcast, let us know through email, The College Info Geek Community on Reddit, our Instagram (Thomas | Martin) or Twitter (Thomas | Martin) accounts, or anywhere else you can think of.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Audible: Get a free audiobook download and a free 30-day trial by going to Audible.com/CIG or texting “CIG” to 500-500 on your phone.
- FreshBooks: Accounting and invoicing software that automates your tasks and lets you get back to doing your real work. Get your first 30 days free by going to FreshBooks.com/CIG and entering College Info Geek in the “How did you hear about us?” section.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- We’re Hiring – Animator/Motion Graphics Artist/Illustrator
- Martin’s piano post on Instagram
- How to Learn to Play an Instrument (Ep. 256)
- CrashCourse on YouTube
- Kurzgesagt on YouTube
- Habitica (iOS | Android)
- Beeminder (iOS | Android)
- Strava (iOS | Android)
- The Buried Giant, by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg
- The Martian, by Andy Weir
- Artemis, by Andy Weir
- Fluent in 3 Months
- Listen Money Matters
- Wisecrack on YouTube
- Game Grumps on YouTube
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:02:57 – How to be more consistent with your productive days
- 0:14:25 – Breaking habits and changing your routine
- 0:22:55 – Sponsor: Audible (Listening to audiobooks)
- 0:25:59 – Sponsor: FreshBooks (Managing your invoices)
- 0:28:11 – Handling negative criticism
- 0:40:35 – Dealing with a quarter-life crisis
- 0:55:22 – Separating your work from your personal brand
- 1:04:25 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: