If you have to work, you’ll probably have to do it somewhere. Unfortunately, not all workspaces are created equal.
Noise, temperature, ergonomics, lighting, comfort — there are many things to be considered when building the perfect place to get things done. Any one of them could derail an otherwise promising work session, wasting precious time that could have been spent deciding which new Pokémon starter you like the most.
So, unless you want to go around hurting perfectly innocent work sessions, it might be time to reconsider a few things. Unless you have the perfect workspace already, in which case, carry on.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 83 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
- FreshBooks: Accounting and invoicing software that automates your tasks and lets you get back to doing your real work. Get your first 30 days free by going to FreshBooks.com/CIG and entering College Info Geek in the “How did you hear about us?” section.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Duet (iOS)
- Ikea standing desk
- Roost Laptop Stand
- Lap desk
- Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse
- AmazonBasics Adjustable Monitor Stand
- Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk
- Topo mat
- Office Master OM5 Ergonomic Chair
- Steelcase Leap Fabric Chair
- Herman Miller Aeron Tilt Limiter Task Chair
- Varidesk Standing Desk
- Ergodriven Spark Standing Desk
- Sennheiser HD 200 Headphones
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:01:52 – What our workspaces look like
- 0:18:34 – Improving lighting, temperature and sound quality
- 0:22:06 – Sponsor: FreshBooks (Managing your invoices)
- 0:24:12 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:25:50 – Improving sound quality (continued)
- 0:27:00 – How much space do you need for a desk
- 0:35:54 – Ergonomics, standing desks and chairs
- 0:54:39 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: