We’re back again with another 5 questions episode!
In this week’s delightful medley, you’ll find such tasty ingredients as:
- How can I start learning an instrument after childhood?
- How can I deal with the fear of missing out (FOMO) when taking a break from something like video games or YouTube?
- How do I know when to stop learning one skill and move on to another?
- How can I become close friends with people who don’t share my interests?
- How can I deal with imposter syndrome at a new job?
If you have any questions (or Peeps) you’d like to add to the chili pot, let us know through email, The College Info Geek Community on Reddit, our Instagram (Thomas | Martin) or Twitter (Thomas | Martin) accounts, or anywhere else you can think of.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 83 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
- FreshBooks: Accounting and invoicing software that automates your tasks and lets you get back to doing your real work. Get your first 30 days free by going to FreshBooks.com/CIG and entering College Info Geek in the “How did you hear about us?” section.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- The 3 Best To-Do List Apps in 2019
- How to Be Good at Everything — The Rapid Skill Learning Process (Ep. 210)
- What Quitting Video Games for a Month Did to My Brain (Ep. 249)
- How to Stop Being Constantly Overwhelmed
- Mike Boyd’s Can I Still Do This Stuff? video
- How to Never Have Friends and Be Alone Forever (Ep. 243)
- How to Meet New People – 6 Tips for Making More Friends
- How to Build Closer Friendships
- How to Make Friends in College: A Comprehensive Guide
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:08:14 – Learning an instrument
- 0:19:47 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:21:06 – Sponsor: FreshBooks (Managing your invoices)
- 0:23:16 – The fear of missing out
- 0:29:56 – Learning, and retaining, new skills effectively
- 0:35:23 – Forging closer friendships
- 0:40:34 – Feeling unqualified at your workplace
- 0:46:45 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: