Hello again, dear listeners, and welcome to another 5 questions episode.
In these episodes, if it’s not clear by the 36th of them, we take questions from Twitter (Thomas | Martin), Instagram (Thomas | Martin), email, and the College Info Geek Community on Reddit. We then answer them each in rapid-fire succession, speed-dating style.
Here are the questions we’ve chosen this time around:
- What should you do to try to stay focused when you’re at a job with an open door policy and interruptions are unavoidable?
- What’s the best position to read in?
- Do you hardcode all of the posts for CIG, or do you use a blogging platform?
- How can I write an interesting social media bio?
- Should I love a new hobby immediately, even if I’m not good at it?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. If you’re one of the first 500 to use this link, you can also get started with 2 free months of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new Habit-Building class!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- The Skill You’re Slowly Losing
- A Master Class on Buying a Car – Part 1 (Ep. 69)
- A Master Class on Buying a Car – Part 2 (Ep. 70)
- The Path to College, Pt. 1: Getting Accepted
- The Path to College, Pt. 2: Paying for It
- The Path to College, Pt. 3: Becoming College-Ready
- Linus Tech Tips on YouTube
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Peter Mckinnon
- Every Think on YouTube
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:08:30 – Focusing while getting constantly distracted
- 0:19:01 – The best position to read in
- 0:27:18 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:30:29 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:33:30 – Content management systems vs developing from the ground up
- 0:42:03 – Writing an interesting social media bio
- 0:51:19 – Persevering with hobbies that require skill
- 1:04:50 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: