Have you ever gone onto the internet with the best of intentions, Googled, “how to eat healthier,” and immediately given up after learning that all the food is poison?
Yeah, it’s not great. Seemingly every food has plenty of research both for and against it. Eggs, soy, wheat? Well, you see, all of those both prevent and cause cancer. So you should both eat them and not eat them at the same time.
I apologize to any food blogging “doctors” out there for offending your attempts to confuse me into giving up food, but it turns out that Schrödinger’s nutrients aren’t very helpful.
No — for today, I’ll have something simpler. Something I can act on confidently.
So here are eight tips for eating healthier that you can start today, without any of the overwhelming stuff.
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
Now, if you’ll pardon me, I have some leftover crêpes I must attend to.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Hover: Personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Our Exercise Habits and Fitness Goals (Ep. 216)
- Staci Ardison on Instagram
- Blue Apron
- Freshware Meal Prep Containers
- James Clear’s Intermittent Fasting article
- Nerd Fitness’s Intermittent Fasting article
- How to Get Into Tea (Ep. 207)
- Slowcooking subreddit
- Kitchen Confidential, by Anthony Bourdain
- Good Calories, Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes
- Great Depression Cooking on YouTube
- Dominic’s guide to meal prep
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:01:12 – Cut out sugary foods and beverages as much as possible
- 0:18:16 – Making smoothies
- 0:26:41 – Preparing meals ahead of time
- 0:28:53 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:31:29 – Preparing meals ahead of time (continued)
- 0:34:00 – Trying out intermittent fasting
- 0:37:50 – Getting into tea
- 0:40:14 – Don’t aim for a perfect diet
- 0:47:32 – Using a slow cooker
- 0:50:19 – Learning to cook with basic ingredients
- 0:56:53 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media:
[Image goes here]