Someday we’ll all have cool cyborg bodies, but that day is not today.
For now, we’ve got to deal with all the nonsense requirements that come with our ridiculous mortal bodies: nutrition, hydration, exercise, posture, and whatever else I’m not thinking of.
Exercise routines are the focus this week, and while they can easily be overwhelming to a newcomer, we’re doing our best today to provide a balanced set of examples. My fitness routine is absurdly simple, and Thomas’ is a little more involved.
As the wise sage, Reggie Fils-Aimé, once said: “My body is ready.”
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- How to Create an Exercise Routine… and Stick to It (Ep. 158)
- Morning Routines (Ep. 208)
- Evernote (iOS | Android)
- Notion (iOS | Android)
- Asana (iOS | Android)
- Trello (iOS | Android)
- Airtable (iOS | Android)
- How to Build Strong Habits (Ep. 214)
- Essentialism: How to Do More by Doing Less (Ep. 171)
- Starting Strength
- FitBod (iOS)
- Strava (iOS | Android)
- Fitocracy (iOS | Android)
- Habitica (iOS | Android)
- Yes4All Deluxe Chin Up Bar Doorway
- Fitness subreddit
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:13:05 – Martin’s simpler workout
- 0:24:13 – Tom’s fitness goals
- 0:32:26 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:34:59 – Tom’s more complex workout
- 0:45:18 – Aspects that complement the main workout
- 0:52:24 – Recap and conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: