We’ve talked a lot about the power of networking.
Networking is powerful enough to land you job opportunities, friends, respect in your field, or maybe even a letter of recommendation from your favorite professor.
But wait: you’ve never even spoken to your favorite professor. You’re also late to almost every class, and you usually just spend that time looking for Koroks on your shiny new Nintendo Switch.
Somebody’s not getting a recommendation (excellent gaming choices aside).
In this episode, we talk a bit about how to build a good relationship with that favorite professor of yours and anyone else you might need to convince you’re worth remembering after the semester’s over.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Wunderlist → Microsoft To-Do
- Echo Dot
- Moleskine (which doesn’t have an official pronunciation)
- Reddit – How do you network with professors?
- PennState – Professors share insights on how students can network with instructors
- How to Remember More of What You Learn With Spaced Repetition
- “How Long Should it Take to Get Good at My Job?” (Ep. 86)
- Use the Corson Technique When Asking Professors for Help
- Episode where we happen to talk about letters of recommendation
- St. Olaf College – How to Ask a Professor for a Letter of Recommendation
- The College Info Geek Podcast on YouTube
- Thomas on Twitter
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: