Today’s the day. The day you finally show the world your corporeal might and start your new exercise regimen.
Unfortunately, as much as you’d love to head on over to the gym for a healthy serving of squats and oats, you can’t help but notice a few things:
- You’re busy this morning
- You really didn’t get enough sleep last night
- The gym is packed
- You forgot to clean your gym shorts
- You can’t find your headphones
- Also infinite other things because life is hard
So, honestly, tomorrow would probably be a better day to start things out. A clean slate!
Except that’s obviously not true, you filthy, filthy procrastinator.
It’s time to turn off the all-powerful excuse machine and get to work, because today we’re going to talk about how to create a new workout routine and actually stick to it.
Let’s get swole.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Mind Mapping
- C9 Champion Pull Up Bar from Target (here’s a similar one on Amazon)
- The specific things Martin used to DIY his Target pull up bar: 1″x6″ galvanized steel nipple + friction tape (you’d probably want to bind the metals with an epoxy for long-term use)
- Hacking Fitness In College [College Info Geek Podcast GO!] (Ep. 1)
- Alternatives to pull-ups
- Collegetopia – Cold Showers: My Strange Addiction
- Today app
- What I Learned From Almost Dying on the Side of the Road
- NerdFitness – Beginner Body Weight Workout: Lose Weight, Build Muscle ANYWHERE!
- Fitness Buddy
- How to Turn Your Life Into a Video Game (Ep. 92)
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business, by Charles Duhigg
- James Clear – Avoid the Second Mistake
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: