The new year is upon us!
Naturally, a few things managed to happen throughout the year, so we thought we’d put on our nostalgia glasses and wrap up 2018. What went well? What went terribly? What do we want to improve on next year?
As we do this, join in on the retrospection and think about how your own year went, or make a note to give it a more thorough review before the end of the night.
Here’s to hoping we’ll unlock some secrets that help us set ourselves up for success and happiness in 2019.
Happy New Year, y’all.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 83 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
- Skillshare: with over 20,000 courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 free months of unlimited learning at Skillshare.com/geek.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Martin and Thomas’ 2017 Year in Review (Ep. 191)
- How Much Water Should You REALLY Be Drinking?
- The Most Powerful Way to Remember What You Study
- How to Stop Being TIRED All the Time
- How to Study Effectively with Flash Cards
- Thomas’ Impossible List
- Jordy Vandeput’s Premiere Pro course on Skillshare
- Duolingo (iOS | Android)
- Satori Reader
- Martin’s Prints
- 3 Things Martin Learned Almost Dying on a Mountain Bike (Ep. 229)
- I Replaced My Breakfast with This Ultra Healthy Smoothie
- Tom’s music channel
- Smart Passive Income
- Listen Money Matters
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:02:59 – The state of the team, the website redesign and other business things
- 0:27:33 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:29:42 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:31:40 – What went well in our lives and what we improved on
- 0:51:58 – What didn’t go so well
- 1:07:16 – What we want to accomplish next year
- 1:09:52 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: