Happy New Year, almost!
I suppose this is also going live on Christmas, so Merry that as well.
Anyway, we’ve decided to break a bit from our normal list of topics this week to reflect on what we’ve been up to this year. 2017 has been a bit hectic, but on a personal level, we’ve had quite a few big things happen this year, good and otherwise.
So if you’re not looking to feel too guilty for being unproductive over the holidays, but you’d still like to hang out with us and maybe learn a few accidental life lessons along the way, here you go.
Stoke that fireplace, set us up on a tablet next to it, and enjoy that my Christmas sweater is way better than Tom’s boring normal clothes.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Storyblocks – Get unlimited audio, video, and stock image downloads that you can use in all your creative projects – royalty-free – from a library featuring hundreds of thousands of creative assets. Click the link to get all three libraries for a whole year at just $149.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- How to Set Goals You’ll ACTUALLY Stick To
- Real Men Real Style YouTube channel
- AlphaM YouTube channel
- How to Study Effectively with Flash Cards
- 8 Better Ways to Make and Study Flash Cards
- John Green
- The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green
- Turtles All the Way Down, by John Green
- Crash Course YouTube channel
- John Green’s What OCD Is Like video
- CaseyNeistat YouTube channel
- Listen Money Matters
- Crash Course Study Skills playlist
- Crash Course World History playlist
- The Slow Regard of Silent Things, by Patrick Rothfuss
- Patrick Rothfuss
- The Great Passage, by Shion Miura
- The Code Book, by Simon Singh
- Simon Singh
- Elon Musk
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, by Ashlee Vance
- Ashlee Vance
- Jeff Bezos
- The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon, by Brad Stone
- Brad Stone
- Steve Jobs
- Steve Jobs, by Walter Isaacson
- Walter Isaacson
- Kitchen Confidential, by Anthony Bourdain
- Anthony Bourdain
- Medium Raw, by Anthony Bourdain
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:03:18 – Tom’s progress with music editing
- 0:06:01 – Martin’s road trip and traveling
- 0:20:09 – Thoughts on time, efficiency and appreciating things
- 0:25:32 – Moving to Denver and other good things that happened
- 0:40:43 – Sponsor: StoryBlocks (Graphic design assets)
- 0:43:54 – Things that Tom and Martin struggled with this year
- 1:03:31 – Cycling around Central Park and filming Crash Course
- 1:08:02 – Some of Tom and Martin’s favorite books of the year
- 1:15:05 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: