January is almost here, and that means it’s time to look back one last time at all we’ve done this year.
That goes for you, too. Quick, put on your nostalgia goggles and soak in the moment. Then it’s time to look ahead at what stories we want to live for our next solar cycle. Let’s pick some good ones.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Cortex’s State of the Apps 2020
- Notion (iOS | Android)
- Evernote (iOS | Android)
- The Photographer’s Ephemeris (iOS | Android)
- Anki (iOS | Android)
- Music Memos (iOS)
- audiobridge (iOS)
- Todoist (iOS | Android)
- Matt D’Avella on YouTube
- Ali Abdaal on YouTube
- Better Ideas on YouTube
- CrashCourse on YouTube
- How to Get Started with Photography
- Linus Tech Tips on YouTube
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:01:25 – Which apps we’re using
- 0:15:24 – Overcoming fears and burnout
- 0:26:00 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:28:44 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:31:05 – Making videos, burnout and finding inspiration
- 0:46:12 – Music, photography, game dev and sleeping better
- 0:56:25 – Goals for next year
- 0:59:01 – Podcast news and conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: