The time has yet again come for another 5 questions episode.
For any new listeners out there, that means we’ve taken 5 questions from The College Info Geek Community on Reddit, our Instagram (Thomas | Martin) or Twitter (Thomas | Martin) accounts, email, or anywhere else we might receive them.
Here are the questions were answering this week:
- How can I keep my motivation for personal goals when my job demotivates me?
- How can I work near my significant other without being distracted?
- How can I give feedback to someone sensitive to criticism?
- Do you have any advice on recruiting a team, what roles and responsibilities to delegate, or any other mistakes or best practices?
- How can I find hobbies or other things to help me wind down when I’m not being productive?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 free months of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ Productivity Masterclass!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Productivity Lessons from Video Game Design (Ep. 265)
- How to Take Criticism (Ep. 215)
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Notion (iOS | Android)
- Smart Passive Income
- Hello Internet
- Should You Add This To Your Workspace?
- Why Your Work Disappoints You
- How to Go from Merely Good to Truly Great (Ep. 178)
- The Hedonic Treadmill (Ep. 226)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:03:18 – Improving your work mood
- 0:11:47 – Working next to your significant other
- 0:17:56 – Giving out criticism
- 0:23:54 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:25:44 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:27:52 – Giving out criticism (continued)
- 0:31:01 – Expanding your business by hiring new people
- 0:44:16 – Winding down through hobbies
- 0:53:33 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: