Oh, hey there. We’re back with another 5 questions episode.
Every once in a while, we take five questions from social media, the College Info Geek community on Reddit, and email. Then, we talk a bit about each question and hopefully come up with some answers.
Here are today’s questions:
- How do you keep track of bills?
- Is it okay to coast?
- How do people succeed at more than one type of thing at once? Aren’t they going against their niche?
- How do I start investing?
- Should I move to a new city? What was your experience moving to Colorado?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: with over 27,000 courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 free weeks of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ Productivity Masterclass!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Todoist (iOS | Android)
- How to Budget Your Money Without Cutting Coffee (Ep. 174)
- How to Budget and Save Money as a College Student
- Thomas’ budget modeler
- Listen Money Matters
- MKBHD’s Probe Lens video
- Casey Neistat’s Life Explained in 27 Seconds video
- Matt D’Avella on YouTube
- bill wurtz on YouTube
- Wendover Productions on YouTube
- CGP Grey on YouTube
- Money Lab
- Graham Stephan on YouTube
- A Crash Course on How to Start Investing (Even If You’re in Debt) (Ep. 168)
- Portfolio Charts Golden Butterfly
- How to Move to a New City (From Start to Finish)
- Meetup (iOS | Android)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:12:06 – Keeping track of monthly bills
- 0:25:42 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:28:18 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:29:59 – Continuously investing in yourself
- 0:43:36 – Building an online audience
- 0:51:28 – Starting to invest your money
- 1:04:54 – Moving to a new city
- 1:20:41 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: