We’re back again this week with another 5 questions episode, as you may have guessed from the title.
This week, we’ll be conversationally answering these fine questions:
- How can I balance managing my productivity systems with being in the moment?
- What were our grades like?
- How can I work when I’m exhausted?
- Should I cut up my credit cards?
- What would you say to a person who asked you if they could work for you, for 1 month, for free?
Feel free to let us know on Instagram (Thomas | Martin), Twitter (Thomas | Martin), the College Info Geek Community on Reddit, or anywhere else you can think of if you have a question you’d like answered on the show.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Todoist: If you’re a student or educator, you can get Todoist’s awesome Premium features – like project templates and automated reminders – for 50% off at Todoist.com/education.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- College Info Geek Merch
- 3 Things Martin Learned Almost Dying on a Mountain Bike (Ep. 229)
- A Crash Course on How to Start Investing (Even If You’re in Debt) (Ep. 168)
- How to Budget Your Money Without Cutting Coffee (Ep. 174)
- Starbucked, by Taylor Clark
- Paul Graham’s Good and Bad Procrastination article
- Spark, by John Ratey
- A History of the World in 6 Glasses, by Tom Standage
- Debt: The First 5,000 Years, by David Graeber
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:12:53 – Commuting and overmanaging your productivity systems
- 0:21:54 – What Thomas and Martin’s grades were like
- 0:31:50 – Sponsor: Todoist (Managing your tasks)
- 0:33:56 – Grades shouldn’t be your sole focus
- 0:40:34 – Working while tired and making sure you rest enough
- 0:49:52 – Dealing with credit cards and why debt is necessary
- 1:01:05 – Asking a potential employer to work for free
- 1:07:37 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: