We’re back again this week with another reader Q & A, so hold on to your hats or whatever else is on your head.
Here are the five fine questions we’ll be talking about this time:
- How can I prepare for success in a college in the U.S.?
- How do I grow my own business from nothing?
- How can you build up a high sense of self-esteem?
- I want to start my own YouTube channel — what’s your recording setup like?
- What are you guys not good at, and how do you deal with it? I feel like there’s a huge pressure for ambitious young people to aspire for perfection and optimize every part of their lives.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Audible: Get a free audiobook download and a free 30-day trial by going to audible.com/CIG or texting “CIG” to 500-500 on your phone.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 83 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas on Instagram
- Thomas on Twitter
- Martin on Instagram
- Martin on Twitter
- Thomas on Wisecrack’s THE SQUANCH: A Rick & Morty Podcast
- Thomas’ budget modeler
- Why You Aren’t Successful Yet (Ep. 219)
- How to Set Goals You’ll ACTUALLY Stick To
- Delivering Happiness, by Tony Hsieh
- Principles: Life and Work, by Ray Dalio
- Audio Technica AT2035 Microphone
- Scarlett 18i8 Audio Interface
- Listen Money Matters
- Shure SM7B Microphone
- SAARA on YouTube
- Audio Technica ATR2100 Microphone
- Charisma on Command’s Chris Hemsworth video
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:04:22 – Going to college in the United States
- 0:13:10 – Growing a business from scratch
- 0:25:30 – Building up your self-esteem
- 0:29:48 – Sponsor: Audible (Listening to audiobooks)
- 0:32:20 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:34:14 – The value of helping people in person rather than remotely
- 0:39:01 – Recommendations for audio recording gear
- 0:48:21 – What Thomas and Martin aren’t that good at
- 0:56:04 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: