Have you ever wished you could just delete your student debt?
Well, lucky for you, you can! Sort of. In very specific, nuanced circumstances, for very specific loans, and for very specific amounts of said loans.
Government wishes ain’t simple, kid. Get used to it.
In this episode, we give a rundown of the various programs and strategies you can use to delete, pay off, or refinance your student loans.
You’ll want to check out some of the links below for more specific details if anything we talk about sounds like it might apply to you.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- The Path to College, Pt. 2: Paying for It (Ep. 110)
- Federal Loan Forgiveness, Cancellation, and Discharge Charts
- FAFSA: Do I File As Dependent Or Independent … – College Info Geek
- Can You Pay Off Your Student Loans With Credit Cards and Go Bankrupt?
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program,
- Teach for America
- Direct Consolidation Loan (for refinancing federal loans)
- Refinancing private loans: SoFi, Earnest, Common Bond, Credible, Lending Club
- Federal Loan Repayment Plans
- A Side-by-Side Comparison of 3 Income-Based Repayment Plans
- Federal Loan Deferment and Forbearance
- How I Paid Off $14,431 In Student Loans In 6 Months – BEFORE Graduating
- Debt Reduction: Snowballing versus Stacking
- Should You Refinance Your Student Loans?
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: