Well, where do you see yourself in five years?
If you’re not quite sure yet, you’re not alone. But that doesn’t mean this isn’t a useful thing to think about.
You may not be able to plan exactly how you want things to go, but coming up with a loose idea you can change later can help give you a sense of direction. It also helps make sure you’re living with intent, rather than just coasting along, wondering where the time went.
No matter what path you might have in mind, just remember that you can change it later. As long as you know what your next steps are, you can keep moving forward.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 free weeks of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ Productivity Masterclass!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Nerd Fitness
- Fluent in 3 Months
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Bullsh*t Jobs, by David Graeber
- H3 Podcast on YouTube
- Thomas’ Impossible List
- Thomas’ Music on Spotify
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:01:17 – Martin’s goals
- 0:17:09 – Thomas’ goals
- 0:22:28 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:25:29 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:27:29 – Thomas’ goals (continued)
- 0:30:57 – Careers and learning from experiences
- 0:43:17 – Figuring our your ideal future self
- 0:52:10 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: