This may be weird to hear coming from us, but sometimes, it’s not the time to #HustleCrushIt.
With all the productivity focus on the internet, I wanted to take a moment so we could collectively remember that we’re alive. That’s already interesting without accomplishments to brag about, so we should make sure to embrace it from time to time. Otherwise, we’ll end up burnt out when we needed that productive energy the most.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. If you’re one of the first 500 to use this link, you can also get started with 2 free months of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new Habit-Building class!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- 5 Questions: Interruptions, Social Media Bios, and Reading Positions (Ep. 290)
- Ali Abdaal’s How to Study for Exams course on Skillshare
- Working from Home: How to Plan Your Day
- Linus Tech Tips’ Thinking of retiring video on YouTube
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:05:18 – Having long-term goals and not needing to impress people
- 0:14:52 – What have we been doing recently
- 0:23:34 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:25:45 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:27:47 – What exactly is productivity
- 0:33:48 – Balancing work with your personal life
- 0:42:12 – Holding yourself accountable and picking up new hobbies
- 0:50:24 – Thinking you’re not allowed to take a break
- 0:56:40 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: