As we approach the end of this podcast and the beginning of our new one, we decided to take an episode to humanize ourselves.
After all, on the internet, we can look as reasonable and efficient as we want. The downside is leaving everyone else with a false impression of who we are. We are not productivity machines, we’re just regular people doing cool things.
What that means is that you don’t have to feel anything we do or have done is out of reach.
Even fools can be productive.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. You can also get started with 2 free weeks of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new Habit-Building class!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- 5 Questions: Writing Fiction, Binging TV Shows, and Self-Help Books (Ep. 295)
- Austin McConnell’s Why Do Reporters Talk Like That video
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Ali Abdaal’s Final Cut Pro Video Editing course on Skillshare
- Chrystopher Rhodes’ Video on a Budget course on Skillshare
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:07:04 – Tom’s cargo shorts
- 0:10:30 – Martin asking Spanish and French questions
- 0:14:56 – Tom’s dad joke at Starbucks
- 0:17:42 – Martin eating too much cookie dough
- 0:20:31 – Tom not eating the bread loaf heels
- 0:24:50 – Martin’s accents
- 0:32:43 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:35:10 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:36:50 – Tom forgetting which washcloth is his
- 0:38:35 – Martin singing about he’s doing at the moment
- 0:42:43 – Tom drinking from the faucet after brushing his teeth
- 0:45:31 – Martin holding his breath in the sun while taking photos
- 0:48:49 – Tom buying too much tea
- 0:50:58 – Martin using fancy words
- 0:52:58 – Tom never eating leftovers
- 0:53:55 – Martin pouring too much
- 0:56:45 – Tom putting empty containers back in the fridge
- 0:58:45 – Martin face-timing Ashley from the other room
- 1:00:33 – Tom buying a PS4 just to play Monster Hunter
- 1:07:18 – Martin not eating enough
- 1:09:54 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: