Oh hey there. We’ve got another 5 questions episode for you this week.
For any new listeners out there, that means we’ve taken 5 questions from The College Info Geek Community on Reddit, our Instagram (Thomas | Martin) or Twitter (Thomas | Martin) accounts, email, or anywhere else we might receive them.
Here are the questions were answering this week:
- How can I stay fit in the coming winter?
- When I read for college, should I read out loud or should I read silently?
- How do you make something that doesn’t suck? I have a good idea for a book but I can’t figure out how to write it as well as a professional author.
- I heard you should make your timetable by putting in the hours for break/rest/play time first. Is this true? How should we best design our timetable?
- Have you ever wanted to help others but felt like you needed to learn more or work on yourself before doing it?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Kurzgesagt’s The Egg – A Short Story video
- Bodyweight Fitness subreddit
- The Science Behind Reading Speed
- 5 Ways to Read Faster That ACTUALLY Work
- Do Speed Reading Apps & Techniques Really Work?
- Reading Faster: The Science Behind What Works… and What Doesn’t (Ep. 93)
- How to Learn a New Skill Quickly: A 4-Step Process
- CaseyNeistat on YouTube
- Imposter Syndrome (Ep. 278)
- Linus Tech Tips on YouTube
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:05:48 – Staying fit during the winter
- 0:17:28 – Reading silently or out loud when studying
- 0:22:35 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:24:54 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:26:52 – Getting better at creating
- 0:40:44 – Planning out your schedule
- 0:46:50 – Dealing with imposter syndrome
- 0:54:03 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: