Hey there. If you read the title, you already know what’s going on here.
We took 5 questions from social media, the College Info Geek community on Reddit, and email. Then, we decided to have a conversation where we talk about each of the aforementioned questions. Finally, we uploaded it to the relevant places in podcast format.
Anyway, here are the 5 questions we’re covering this week:
- I just started reading 10 pages a day, but I’ve been averaging 30+. What other small habits have large upsides for you guys?
- What do you do for your health when it comes to cooking? I struggle a lot with cooking and always end up ordering takeout, which is quite counterproductive and hurts my wallet.
- I often find it really difficult to enjoy a dinner, to walk on the street, read a book or even sleep without some sort of background noise. Why does silence cause anxiety for me and other people?
- I love the energy that coffee gives me, but I don’t want to grow addicted to it. I get jumpy, I’m full of energy and super efficient. What can I do to feel like this all the time?
- I’m a sophomore and my GPA is a very low 2.4. Because of financial problems, mental stress and family problems I wasn’t able to focus onto studying and even I failed one of my classes. After that, I switched majors to computer science. How can I raise my GPA to a 3.5 from a 2.4?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Building the Perfect Day (Ep. 264)
- Productivity Lessons from Video Game Design (Ep. 265)
- Fitocracy (iOS | Android)
- Habitica (iOS | Android)
- What I Learned From Almost Dying On The Side Of The Road
- How I Cut My Average Meal Cost to $3.57 by Meal Prepping
- The Shallows, by Nicholas G. Carr
- WheezyWaiter’s We Quit Sugar For A Month video on YouTube
- Eating Cheaply, Healthily, and Quickly (Ep. 103)
- Adam Neely on YouTube
- Thomas’ Sunday Study playlist on Spotify
- Thomas’ Work Vibes playlist on Spotify
- Thomas’ Workout playlist on Spotify
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:06:41 – Committing to small habits that bring you huge rewards
- 0:16:24 – Making cooking healthy food easier
- 0:25:51 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:27:51 – Being too dependent on white noise to focus or fall asleep
- 0:35:08 – Extending the high energy state you get from drinking coffee
- 0:47:21 – Raising your GPA and cultivating relationships
- 0:53:26 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: