Yo! We’re back again this week to answer five questions from our listeners, readers, and viewers.
We’ll be talking about these fine topics (along with any we ramble our way into in between):
- All of my time is going toward games like DotA2, WoW, and CS: GO. I want to quit, but I can’t help it. How can I get my time back?
- What should you do if you can’t finish something you’ve scheduled in a time block?
- How can I reach a point where I’m working 14 hours a day? I want to be very productive.
- My lectures and classes don’t have a mandatory attendance, as they can all be watched online. Considering I live an hour from campus, I find it difficult to find motivation to actually attend university at all, and I think this is impacting my social life.
- I’m having a hard time getting over analysis paralysis and making progress on my own goals. I see so many young podcasters, bloggers, and entrepreneurs with a specific focus and brand, but I still can’t really discern a focus for myself. How can I stop being so focused on other people and move forward?
If you’d like to have your questions answered on the podcast or anywhere else, feel free to let us know. I’m @yomartholomew on Twitter and Instagram, and Thomas can be found at @tomfrankly on Twitter and Instagram as well.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Hover: Personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Listen Money Matters
- How to Make Your Life Seem Longer (Ep. 217)
- Cal Newport’s Time Blocking article
- Timeboxing: Elon Musk’s Time Management Method
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Dip: How to Know When to Quit (Ep. 202)
- The Dip, by Seth Godin
- The Naked Roommate, by Harlan Cohen
- Nerd Fitness
- The Smart Passive Income Blog
- Internet Archive: Wayback Machine
- CGP Grey on YouTube
- CGP Grey’s Time Management video on YouTube
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:09:08 – Quitting a video game addiction
- 0:18:42 – Not being able to finish something that you planned
- 0:22:42 – Being very productive is not always a good thing
- 0:25:38 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:28:09 – Survivorship bias and looking at what successful people do
- 0:34:34 – Getting more work done and persevering when it gets hard
- 0:41:54 – Making it easier to attend classes and events
- 0:48:37 – Making progress on your goals
- 0:58:24 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: