Time flies when you’re having fun. Also when you’re not.
Actually, the older we get, the faster time seems to fly in general. But that’s not particularly fun, so what can we do about it?
This is a topic I think about all the time. Probably too much, honestly. But there are answers — and that’s why we’ve decided to spend this week’s episode talking about how to slow things down a bit and fit as much life as you can into the one you have.
To that end, I present this challenge: if anything we say in this episode inspires you to do something new to bring some excitement to your life, do it within the next week.
There’s no reason to wait. You’re ready now.
No if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some living to do.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Mack Weldon: High-quality clothing basics for guys, featuring premium materials and smart design. Get 20% off your first order when you use the promo code ‘CIG’ at checkout.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Tom on Instagram
- Tom on Twitter
- Martin on Instagram
- Martin on Twitter
- BBC – Why does walking through doorways make us forget?
- Tom’s Impossible List
- Why You Shouldn’t Tell People About Your Goals
- A Darker Shade of Magic, by V. E. Schwab
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland, by Catherynne M. Valente
- How to Find Books That are Actually Worth Your Time
- The Story of the Human Body, by Daniel Lieberman
- Notion (iOS | Android)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:03:57 – The different ways we perceive the passing of time
- 0:10:51 – Making your daily commute more compelling
- 0:15:29 – Trying to live more in the moment
- 0:23:10 – Sponsor: Mack Weldon (Premium men’s clothing)
- 0:25:07 – Setting smaller challenges instead of big, overwhelming ones
- 0:29:39 – Documenting your accomplishments and ways travelling can motivate you
- 0:45:01 – Make sure you’re not neglecting your health
- 0:48:58 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: