Alright, it’s time for class introductions. Give us your name, your major, and one interesting thing about you. “Hello, I’m John Smith, I’m majoring in Accounting, and I … like to watch Netflix?”
Yeah, you and everyone else, buddy.
First impressions are important, so naturally the need to make a good impression on the 100+ students and teachers you’ll be meeting this semester can be a little stressful. So, in the spirit of the upcoming new semester, one of the questions we’ll be answering today involves the art of the introduction — not just in classrooms, but out in the real world as well (where people are more likely to be paying attention anyway).
In addition to that, we’ll be answering these fine questions:
- How do you handle your productivity systems when traveling?
- How important is reading to your self-development and the development of humanity as a whole?
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Deep Work, by Cal Newport
- Deep Work: How to Focus and Resist Distractions (Ep. 100)
- Marcus Aurelius’ Advice on Dealing with Negative People
- Harry Potter Film Concert Series
- MacBook Keyboard Super Hero Stickers
- The Ultimate Networking Guide for Introverts
- Michael Scott doing a Mike Tyson impression
- Reddit TIL post concerning Iceland, Books, and Christmas
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: