Ready for the next level, but not sure how to get there? Maybe you need to find yourself a mentor.
With their seemingly limitless experience, knowledge, and skill for their craft, a good mentor can be an essential stepping stone on the path to your potential. They can also provide a much-needed second set of eyes for filling in your blindspots and pointing out weaknesses.
So, where exactly do you find this mentor? Maybe we can get you a step closer with today’s episode.
Until then, you can always make use of my favorite mentor: books.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Kitchen Confidential, by Anthony Bourdain
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Standard Broadcast
- Star Talk podcast
- Marques Brownlee on YouTube
- Wendover Productions on YouTube
- Listen Money Matters
- The Ultimate College Debate Roundtable
- How to Save Money in College Round Table
- Peter Drucker
- Winning, by Jack Welch
- Weapons of Influence #4: Liking (Ep. 195)
- Steve Kamb
- Nerd Fitness
- Benny Lewis
- Fluent in 3 months
- Caleb Wojcik
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:06:09 – What exactly is a mentor
- 0:20:08 – How to and how not to find mentors
- 0:32:22 – Mastermind groups (or Jedi councils)
- 0:37:59 – Criticisms on certain aspects of social media
- 0:45:46 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: