With all the social distancing and remote working suddenly going on, we decided to talk a bit about how we’ve been working from home for so long.
There are quite a few things about working from home that can go wrong, leaving you bad at work, bad at free time, and stressed all around. So here are a few ideas about how to avoid the negatives of working from home so you can embrace the positives.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. If you’re one of the first 500 to use this link, you can also get started with 2 free months of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new Habit-Building class!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Roam Research
- How to Create a Study Space in Your Room
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ ultimate study music playlist on YouTube
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:12:42 – Creating a dedicated workspace when you don’t have another room
- 0:22:50 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:26:02 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:28:27 – Getting a good pair of headphones
- 0:40:41 – Holding yourself accountable to someone
- 0:53:55 – Exercising at home
- 1:02:32 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: