We’re shaking things up a bit in this week’s episode, so get ready for a nice dose of novelty.
And by we’re shaking things up, I mean Tom’s shaking things up, because I’m not actually in this episode — instead, this is a special interview episode with fellow YouTuber and podcaster Sara Dietschy!
This episode is part two of a conversation they had in New York a bit ago, so before you listen to this one, be sure to check out part one here.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Setapp: A new way to try and use over 120 best-in-class Mac apps for one low monthly fee. Get a 7-day free trial by signing up at https://stpp.co/cig – and if you sign up with a .edu email address, you’ll unlock a 50% student discount!
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Sara Dietschy on YouTube
- The Creative Exchange on YouTube
- The Creative Exchange on Apple Podcasts
- The Creative Exchange on Google Play
- The Creative Exchange on Spotify
- CaseyNeistat on YouTube
- Adobe Creative Residency program
- Becky Simpson
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- CGP Grey on YouTube
- Nerdwriter1 on YouTube
- Peter McKinnon on YouTube
- yungtown on YouTube
- John Hill on YouTube
- Emma Chamberlain on YouTube
- David Dobrik on YouTube
- Liza Koshy on YouTube
- Tim Ferriss
- TierZoo on YouTube
- Primitive Technology on YouTube
- Steve Carell on Wikipedia
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:01:38 – Being a part of the Adobe Creative Residency program
- 0:14:48 – Don’t strive for the bare minimum
- 0:17:40 – Being independent and making a career out of YouTube
- 0:32:29 – Sponsor: Setapp (Suite of Mac apps)
- 0:35:40 – Don’t stress yourself by trying to do too many things
- 0:40:34 – Sustaining the YouTube career as a full-time job
- 0:49:55 – Reaching out and forming relationships
- 0:59:59 – Finding your creative niche
- 1:06:35 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: