Why hello there, dear listener. Today’s the perfect day for another five questions episode.
Once a month or so, we take five questions from social media, the College Info Geek community on Reddit, and email. Then, we discuss and attempt to answer each question, speed-dating style.
Here are the five questions this time around:
- I’m heading off to college next fall. Is it too early to start a personal website?
- How can I develop mental toughness?
- Do you have any advice for someone trying to disconnect despite having a computer centered job and hobbies that are pretty much all online?
- How do you know when it’s the right time to quit a job?
- How does one prepare for an oral exam?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: with over 25,000 courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 free weeks of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ Productivity Masterclass!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- The Ultimate Guide To Building A Personal Website
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
- Habitica (iOS | Android)
- Productivity Lessons from Video Game Design (Ep. 265)
- Meetup (iOS | Android)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:03:07 – Starting a personal website
- 0:08:33 – Developing mental toughness
- 0:22:08 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:24:15 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:26:40 – Disconnecting from the virtual world
- 0:34:43 – Knowing when to quit a job
- 0:43:07 – Preparing for an oral exam
- 0:47:36 – Conclusion
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: