Get ready to see a lot of bright orange clothing and shurikens, because Thomas is training to be a ninja.
Well, not exactly. But he is actively pursuing a longtime goal of getting on American Ninja Warrior. And while it may not require magic self-cloning powers, it does require an incredible level of athletic skill.
In order to build this skill, he’s had to make some changes to his exercise routines. Push-ups and dead lifts are great, but they just don’t build the versatility needed to overcome these challenges. So today, we’ll be talking about how exactly one prepares to be a ninja.
But the heart of this episode isn’t exactly about this particular goal. It’s also about how to go about doing something that looks impossible at first glance.
What big goals could you be working toward?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 83 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- The Science Behind Why You Procrastinate
- 6 Steps to Stop Procrastinating NOW
- How to Break Your Procrastination Habit (For Good)
- Linus Tech Tips on YouTube
- How to Be Good at Everything — The Rapid Skill Learning Process (Ep. 210)
- Atomik Climbing Holds
- How to Be More Like Leonardo da Vinci (Ep. 240)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:10:02 – Thinking you’re not cut out for something
- 0:12:25 – Training for different Ninja Warrior obstacles
- 0:29:25 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:31:27 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:33:48 – Training for different Ninja Warrior obstacles (continued)
- 0:37:49 – How to prepare yourself
- 0:47:23 – Making yourself seem interesting to the audience
- 0:52:43 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: