My goals in college were not narrow. Sure, I wanted to learn lots of things. I certainly wanted to figure out how to make a living, and yeah, I wanted to become financially independent.
But was that it? Certainly not.
My life goals are numerous and varied, and they don’t all fit into the three main focuses I’ve built College Info Geek around. Robert Heinlein put it well:
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.“
That sums it up well – my goal is to be skilled and educated, well-traveled, and helpful to lots of people. As a result, I’ve written about many other things since starting this blog – many of which I think you’ll find useful.
One of my favorite pages on this site – and the place I think you should start before venturing further into this category – is my Impossible List. This list encourages me to constantly evaluate my goals and to keep progressing. Simply put, I think you should make one of your own, no matter what you want to do.
This category page collects some other writings I think you’ll like, spanning a wide variety of subjects – life lessons, health, DIY projects, and more.
Valuable Life Lessons
- 5 Essential Life Skills Your Learned from Playing Pokémon
- Progression Does Not End at Graduation
- The One Simple Question That Gets You Farther Than Everyone Else
- 21 Mega-Important Lessons I Learned in 21 Years of Living
- Trapped by Freedom
- How to Crush Self-Doubt With the Earth-Shattering Force of Your Iron Will
Upgrading Your System (AKA Your Body)
- Kicking a Soda/Energy Drink Habit: A Method That Actually Works
- This is How We Get Fat
- Everyone in Japan is Thin and Beautiful (And So Can You!)
- How to Build the Ultimate Hanging Loft Bed
- How to Build a Hanging Desk in 15 Minutes
- How to Create Custom Dorm Lighting with Christmas Lights and a Dimmer
Travel and Adventure
- What It’s Like in Japan
- Could You Ever Walk Across America?
- 20 Jaw-Dropping Time Lapse Videos to Inspire You Back Into Action
- What I Learned From Almost Dying on the Side of the Road
Study Music: We’ve Got the Good Stuff
- The Ultimate Study Music Playlist (on YouTube)
- The Complete List of Video Game Soundtracks on Spotify
- Study Music: The Acoustic Playlist
- Energetic Music: Dat Rap Playlist