“I want to eat better food, but I just can’t afford it dude.”
I hear this one a lot. A lot of students think they can’t eat healthy in college because it’s too expensive.
In a way, this could be true. When you look at a lot of paleo dieting guidelines, you read things like:
- “Buy only grass-finished beef from a local supplier.”
- “Only eat wild-caught fish. Farmed fish will melt your insides and you’ll never find true love.”
- “All of your produce needs to be organic.”
- “If you’re going to eat butter, it has to be grass-fed butter that you buy from an Amish farm in person.”
- “Buy Bazooka-Proof coffee dude, it’s made in Chili and has 800% less toxins than Starbucks.”
If you’re dead set on following all of this advice, then heck yes it’s going to get expensive! Fresh-caught fish and grass-fed beef alone would obliterate anything you make working a part-time job in no time.
However, none of these things are absolutely necessary to be healthy. Read More →